Monday, August 13, 2012

Doll Pencil's, Pencil Box, & Paint Brush



My children and I made doll pencil's out of small dowels just thicker than a wooden skewer.  I cut the dowel in 3" lengths.  The kids ran one end of each through the pencil sharpener.  We glued a pink Perler bead on the flat sanded end of each pencil to look like an eraser.  We then cut a small rectangle piece of tin foil to wrap and glue around the seam of the bead and dowel.  My kids used markers to color their pencil's yellow and black for lead.


The doll pencil box was made from a cassette tape case.  I cut off the little plastic prongs that go through the cassette reels.  My kids added small stickers to the box.


The paint brush was made from a dowel piece just like the pencil's, about 3" long.  For the brush bristles I cut little pieces of fishing line and hot glued them to the dowel end. I then trimmed the bristles flush.  I glued a strip of tin foil over the seam of the dowel and bristles. 

The colored pencil's were made with 3" long dowel pieces.  My kids sharpened one end in a pencil sharpener and colored with markers.  Easy Peasy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Do you allow pictures from your blog to be pinned on Pinterest? My daughters and I are making her a wish board http://pinterest.com/homeiswhere/doll-play/. Thanks.
    Stephanie
    shuttermom77 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can pin on pinterest. I love pinterest also. Thanks for your interest.

      Delete